Friday, March 19, 2010

Long Story Short

Customer: Which one of these phones is better?
Myself: Well, This one is better at reception, but this one has a few more added features.
Customer: You're wrong.
Myself: No, I’m not.
Customer: I had one of these about six years ago, and it was terrible.
Myself: Well they've come a long way in the past six years...
Customer: No, I know for a fact that they're still terrible.
Myself: And how is that?
Customer: I just know.
Myself: Did you know someone else who had one that wasn't quite up to par?
Customer: I'm not sure if I like your attitude.
Myself: Just let me know if you have any more questions.



So for those of you who know me, you have my deepest condolences you know just how much I love being right. I mean, I really, really love it. It's sort of like a sport for me, maybe even a calling. Some people just have it, by birth or by choice. Michael Jordan had basketball, Steve Jobs had Apple, and I have the ability to argue. With anyone. About anything. Period.
Now I know this comes across as arrogant and cocky (read: a little) But it's a about time it was all laid out on the table. I don't usually jump into conversations I know absolutely nothing about. But when I'm voicing my opinion, believe that it is well educated. It is. Does this mean that I’m right one hundred percent of the time? Brace yourselves, no, no it doesn't. However, I do strive (and gracefully achieve) to be in the 90th percentile, or higher.
The point is that I rarely get into an argument where I’m not one hundred percent sure that I’m on the correct side. I'm not arguing to prove that I’m right, as much as I’m doing it to prove someone else is wrong. And if I simply walk away from a heated debate, do not make the mistake of assuming that you've won. I have simply realized that arguing won't make a difference. You see, I’m not a fan of wasting my breath, or my time. You were wrong, you are wrong, and you will continue to be wrong. Until God comes down and reverses the polarity of Universal Truth, it will stay that way.

1 comment:

  1. No Jables. The phones are EXACTLY as they were 6 years ago. Silly boy.

    ReplyDelete